Treasury Department Hosting Annual Government-wide Debt Collection Conference
Department of the Treasury is hosting its Annual Government-wide Debt Collection Conference, March 5-6, 2013. The department has invited other Federal agencies to take part in the conference, to be held at the National Transportation Safety Board, 429 L'Enfant Plaza Washington, DC 20594.
By attending the conference, the agencies can gain valuable insights into the ways to improve their agency's receivables management and debt collection performance and compliance. Federal employees interested in the management of nontax receivables and delinquent debts owed to the United States will especially benefit from the participation in the conference.
The event is free of charge to federal agency participants.
From what's new in government-wide receivables and debt management, to the examination of various aspects of federal debt collection laws, the conference will cover wide-ranging topics relating to debt collection.
Included in the agenda are following topics:
- Preventing Improper Payments - Do Not Pay Program
- Managing Current Receivables - Centralized Receivables Service
- Collecting Delinquent Debts (Installment Agreements and Compromise)
- Termination of Collection Action, Write-Off, and 1099-C Reporting
- Treasury Report on Receivables and Data Analytics
- Credit Bureau Reporting
- Locating Debtor Assets
- Understanding Federal Debt Collection Laws
- Referring Debts to Treasury for Collection
- Innovative Debt Collection Tools
- What's New in Government-wide Receivables and Debt Management
Recently, the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Ready.Save.Grow. Campaign named the four Grand Prize Winners of its nationwide "Save Out Loud" Contest, which captured savings stories from students and families across the country. The winning contest entries were selected from a number of photo and video essays submitted by students in grades K-12.
Starting this week, Treasurer of the United States Rosie Rios will pay a virtual video visit to the winners' schools to recognize their achievements.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.
Edited by Braden Becker